Why do you need to Buy Air Quality Monitors?
Air and its cleanliness is the major concern of every human being of India. If it’s your concern too, then you’re at the right place. Here I will discuss everything about Air Quality Monitors and will recommend the best monitors that you can buy according to your budget.
The foremost reason behind the invention of Air Quality monitors is the ascending pollution levels in India. Which not only has affected human health, it has disrupted the natural air composition as well. Along with humans, other creatures are also suffering from harmful particulates that air possesses in 21 century.
For that reason, the invention of smart air quality monitors ensures the identification of air quality and provides information to the scientist who studies and evaluate the air pollution and particulates. Both indoor and outdoor Air Quality Monitors aid the detection of air quality both on a micro and macro basis.
The best Air Quality Monitors for Indian Population ~Buyers guide:
The rapid increase in industrialization has abruptly affected air, water as well as the quality of the soil. Another prominent factor of bad air condition is an increase in the urban population. The larger the urbanization, the greater is the air pollution. Which in turn has given birth to the invention of air monitors and air purifiers.
We all know that the utilization of air quality monitors is the short-term solution to the long-term problem. India ranks on number 5 amongst the country that has worst air quality. In that regard, if the higher authorities and the government of India won’t take measures in the increasing pollution. It would harm the whole population of India.
Indoor air quality monitors and air purifiers are two crucial devices that together ensure the best air quality of the place. It provides a safe and sound environment to your offices as well as your family. However, today Delhi needs an air purifier in every house but you should have at least a portable indoor air quality monitor for the detection of air quality around yourself. And to ensure that whether you need an air purifier or not. Further, I’m going to list the ten most effective air quality monitors that can help to quantify the detrimental chemicals around your surroundings.
The 10 best air quality monitors in India – A Complete Review:
1. IQAir Air Quality Monitor:
The IQAir Air Quality Monitor comes on the first rank because of its remarkable features. It measures PM 2.5 and carbon dioxide from 400ppm to 10,000ppm levels by comprising laser technology and artificial intelligence AI. The device also measures the temperature range (-10⁰C – +40⁰C) and humidity percentage (0-100%) in the surrounding air.
The monitor is designed especially for those who suffer from respiratory diseases as well as chronic diseases such as lung cancer, high blood pressure, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The monitor also assists the user in both indoor and outdoor measurements ensuring the health of the customer. Other remarkable features of IQAir Air Quality Monitor are:
- The monitor possesses a 5-inch bright LED display and can compare both indoor and outdoor measurements.
- With the help of cloud data collection, provides AQI of the surrounding area. And informs the user when to oxygenate, stay at home, or party outside. Can accurately measure readings from the nearest outdoor station.
- Owns capability of showing air quality forecasts for three days. Which alerts the user about the environmental condition of outdoor. He can plan his outings by considering this remarkable feature of the monitor.
- The monitor has a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that works for u to five hours. And its charging is done by the utility of standard micro USB, power consumption 0.8 mA max.
- It can measure particulates like PM 2.5, PM10, also determines dust particles and air control rate.
- By using its incredible advanced technology, the monitor provides comprehensive figures on 6 key pollutants for 8,000+ locations in more than 30 countries.
- Auto power saving
- Time network sync
- Data logging up to 5 years, access through Samba
- The box includes an outer box slip, box, 1 micro USB to USB cord, 1 power adapter, 1 Node, and 1 user manual.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Possesses Air quality monitor, User manual, Micro USB cable, and power adaptor.
- Wireless connectivity: 802.11 v/g/n 2.4 GHz, configurable directly from the device or from the mobile app.
2. Prana Air Pocket Air Quality Monitor:
This monitor comes in the second rank due to its highly affordable price range and outstanding features. The small and pocket-friendly size of this monitor aids in measuring particulates of both indoor and outdoor air. Measures the concentration of pollutants such as PM 1.0, PM 2.5, and PM 10 through advanced laser sensors that run on light scattering technology.
Prana air pocket monitors can detect PM 1.0, a type of particulate matter so small most AQI meters do not show its concentration. This feature makes this device attractive to the users. . It has an accuracy rate of 0-150µg/m3 -/+ 10% and 150 µg/m3 and above -/+ 15%. The Parameter range of the allergens is 0 to 2000 µg/m3 for PM 2.5. The monitor has a battery of 400mAh with one hour of screen time.
- Portable and pocket friendly
- Measures both indoor and outdoor concentrations of propellants
- 400mAh battery life
- Mobile app is not enabled
- Wi-Fi connectivity is absent
3. Prana Air CAIR Air Quality Monitor:
Prana Air Cair Quality Monitor is one of the best Amazon sellers with an affordable price range. It’s a portable air quality monitor with a small size. This makes this device quite handy and you can carry this device easily in your pocket. The device is quite lightweight i.e. 250 g with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and mobile app-enabled; which shows that it can easily access data on the web along with India mobile app. And comes in the price range of $6,490.other features of Prana air Cair quality monitor are:
- It has a USB Charger, through which you can charge its battery anytime with the Type-C Charger.
- Has a 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery which lasts approximately up to one hour with full charging.
- Measures the indoor concentration of particulates matter like PM 1.0, PM 2.5, and PM 10 using advanced laser sensors that operate on light scattering technology.
- Can be utilized in both indoor and outdoor measuring activities.
- Can measure temperature and humidity of the surrounding.
- 1000 mAh Li-ion battery
- Micro SD card
- A bestseller at amazon. in
- Mobile app-enabled
- Bestseller device
- Comes with a USB cable.
- Costly device
4. SMILEDRIVE Portable Air Quality Pollution Meter Detector with Color Graphic Display:
If you’re looking for an Advanced Air Quality Pollution Meter, which could give you extremely accurate pollution readings with easy-to-understand simple readings on one screen. Then SMILEDRIVE Portable Air Quality Pollution Meter is the best choice for you. The device detects PM 2.5, PM10, TVOC, and formaldehyde. You can check levels clearly on the new enhanced color screen. Also, set an alarm to notify high formaldehyde levels. Also ensures that your family is breathing safe pollutant-free air. The other remarkable features of this device are:
- It has three easy-to-understand levels classified as green (safe). Yellow (average) and red (dangerous).
- It’s lightweight.
- Comes with a super-sized 200 mAh Lithium-ion battery for long time usage. Also assists to show a low battery alert.
- You can easily check indoor and outdoor pollutant levels from SMILEDRIVE.
- Measures pollutants with high accuracy.
- Has a high processing speed
- It has a color graphic display with a smart and sleek design.
- Easy to use
- Bestseller at amazon.in
- Handy and pocket friendly
- Lightweight i.e. 188g
- 2.8 inch enhanced color LCD screen.
- Super-sized Li-ion battery
- Accurate air pollution meter.
5. Temtop LKC-1000E Air Quality Monitor Formaldehyde Detector:
Temp LKC 1000E is one of the economical 5-in-1 air quality detectors. Which uses highly accurate and professional sensors to measure PM 2.5, PM 10, particle, formaldehyde, and AQI. Uses its latest 3rd generation Temtop laser particle sensor and optimized PSO algorithm. It makes particle measurements become more accurate and stable and enhances its sensor life up to 20,000 hours. Temp LKC-1000e+ Air Quality Monitor is an exclusive choice indeed. Other remarkable features of the device are:
- Includes pre-factory calibrated electrochemical sensor.
- Equipped with pre-calibrated electrochemical sensors that aid to capture formaldehyde molecules present in your room.
- Extremely accurate in capturing formaldehyde molecules more precisely.
- It has a large TFT screen and rich display make it clear and easy to read data.
- Its battery indicator light helps you to check the battery at any time.
- Built-in high capacity Lithium-ion battery (battery voltage is 3.7VDC)
- Bes seller with a good rating
- Built-in Li-ion supersized battery, battery indicator feature
- Widescreen display
6. SMILEDRIVE Portable Air Quality Pollution Meter Detector for Formaldehyde:
If you are in search of an affordable device that could provide efficient measurements, then this portable device is made for you. Its design is not as impressive and unique as other air quality meters. But the device can efficiently detect levels of PM 1, PM 2.5, and PM 10, formaldehyde, and TVOC in the air surrounds you through laser scattering detection. It’s easy to read and a big monitor screen assists its services to the user in determining both indoor and outdoor air particulates.
SMILEDRIVE Portable Air Quality Pollution Meter contains an inbuilt rechargeable lithium battery of 1200 mAh. The other features of these pollution meters are:
- It comes with an affordable price range
- It has Wide measurement features
- It contains a 32-bit three-core ARM processor that runs 10 times faster and provides accurate readings.
- This device contains simple and easy applications that are assessable to humans of different age groups.
- Accurate and stable reading
- The bestseller of the amazon
- High mAh battery life
- 1 touch calibration
- Highly affordable
- Easy to use
- Normal display
- Weight is 350g
7. Kubic Air Quality monitor:
Do you want safety and pollution-free environment to fit your family? Do you want to prevent your loved ones and yourself from the sick building syndrome? Then you must test out this product. Kubic Air Quality monitor detects organic compounds like formaldehyde which can cause nasal cancer and lung cancer emitted from many household materials. By measuring particulate pollution, an air pollution monitor can also help you to understand when asthma may get worse and when to change your home’s air filter.
Its multifunctional ad scientific approach is quite interesting. Kubic air monitor provides accurate access to various measures of air quality, including the concentrations of formaldehyde (HCHO), tiny and fine dust particulates, TVOC i.e. total natural volatile organic compounds that mostly cause odor inside your home. This monitor can precisely measure the particulates that are greater than 2.5 in size, i.e. PM 2.5. Which in turn are responsible for human respiratory disorders like asthma. Other important features of this device include:
- Its portability is one of the prominent features that make this air monitor interesting for buyers.
- The device has a super solid battery of 2200 mAh which provides power to the device when DC 5V micro USB charging is not available.
- It has 2.8 inches wide and clear LDC display. These features attract the user who wants a clear and bright display of a monitor.
- The device can easily measure indoor and outdoor air pollutants and can be carried in offices or hotel rooms.
- Kubic Air quality has an inbuilt fan to efficiently draw in surrounding air for accurate measurements.
- It utilizes a generation laser sensor to measure the exact level of dust particles.
- It has an electrochemical semiconductor sensor that aids the measurement of formaldehyde and natural and synthetic organic compound levels.
- Wide LCD
- Super battery life that lasts up to two days
- Accurately measures HCHO
- Possess no calibration spot
- App-enabled functions are absent.
8. Crusaders Air Quality Monitor:
This air quality monitor comes with an affordable price range and has fewer features than other monitors listed above. This device can measure air particulates of PM 2.5. With its small size, you can carry this device with you wherever you desire. Its digital design shows the particulates in the form of numbers.
- Wide applications
- Attractive appearance
- Mobile app + wifi is not enabled
- Can’t detect formaldehyde and TVOC
9. Prkuti Lite- World’s Smallest Personal Indoor Air Quality Monitor Tracker:
Are you looking for the smallest portable air quality monitor with an affordable price range? Then this device matches your interests very well. This monitor is designed to purity your indoor areas from particulates and propellants 24/7. It incorporates some personal tracker that takes fast decisions to purify the surrounding air.
Its air trackers are incredible that take immediate action against particulates like carbon dioxide, TVOC, formaldehyde, temperature, pressure, and noise of its surroundings. This device is utilized especially for asthma patients, can be taken wherever you want i.e. office, school, gym, or a park. It can easily track air propellants whether placed indoors or outdoors.
- Smallest portable tracker
- One year warranty
- Lightweight i.e. 30g
- Highly affordable
- Can measure CO2 temperature humidity and pressure
- Best for asthma patients
- The mobile app is not enabled.
10. Kaiterra Laser Egg 2 Air Quality Monitor:
Kaiterra laser egg 2 air quality monitor comes with a beautiful appearance along with some interesting features which attract the user. It can measure PM 2.5, temperature, AQI index monitor, and humidity. The device also incorporates inbuilt Wi-Fi and the fast air quality monitor utilizes laser-based light scattering technology for measurements. Other important features that the monitor possesses are:
- It is apple Siri enabled.
- It contains 2.6 inches LCD screen
- Superfast data measurement
- Shows both indoor and outdoor data measurement
- Incorporates laser scattering technology
- Beautiful looking design
- Wi-Fi enabled 2.4 GHz
- Apple Siri enabled
- Great battery life
- High price
Four Important Features That An Air Quality Monitor Should Possess:
It is an important feature to notice before buying an air quality monitor. A portable and handy monitor assists you to measure both indoor and outdoor air particulates.
The display or LCD screen of an air pollution meter should be large enough that it can display all measurements at a time.
The accuracy of an air quality monitor lies in precision. If the monitor yields a consistent output, then it’s reliable.
Easily to operate:
Any type of air quality monitor that you wish to buy should be easy to use. If it’s convenient, simple, and fast, it would be more user-friendly.
FAQS: The 10 best Air Quality Monitors:
What kind of technologies are used in the Air Quality Monitors?
There are approximately four basic technologies that are used in the monitors listed above. I’m going to discuss them one by one:
- Laser Scatter Detection Technology:
It is one of the widely used technology in most of the monitors I mentioned above. Its fundamental principle includes the calculation of particle size based on the scattering of the laser beam and is used in affordable air quality monitors. The technology can calculate pollutant’s size and number in the range of nanometers to millimeters.
The time of processing is instantaneous. And results are displayed within seconds of the air that comes in contact with the sensor. The laser pollution monitor meters can perform hundreds of measurements during the day with a considerable large number of sample particles.
- Beta Attenuation Monitor:
To detect the particulate concentration of PM 2.5, PM10, a beta attenuation monitor is used. This technology is provided in high-end air quality monitors that are utilized in both local and national air monitoring areas to provide an accurate concentration of dispersed particles and properly sized particles. This technology relies on the absorption of beta radiation by solid dust pollutants when they pass through an ultra-fine filter cartridge.
- Electro-Chemical Sensor:
Keeping the health risks and urbanization into consideration, the electrochemical sensor technology plays its vital part in air quality monitors that assist to track harmful pollutants in ambient air such as like carbon dioxide concentration and dangerous gases. Especially the sensor measures the concentration of specific gases within the internal circuit. Which is carried out through oxidation and reduction reaction.
What is the main difference between Air Quality Monitors and Air Quality Purifiers?
Both terms are different. Air quality monitor refers to the device that quantifies the concentration of propellants and particulate matter present in the air while air purifiers help the user to clean the unwanted particles that are unhealthy and unwanted. Both have different and unique features and applications.
What Is Sick Building Syndrome? How Can Kubic Air Quality Monitor Help With The Disease?
Sick building syndrome (SDS), as the name indicates that is a condition where people feel irritation while breathing. It is caused by some filthy particulates that result in nose, eyes, and throat irritation. It causes sickness and tiredness in a person and he feels difficulty in performing his tasks. For this reason, Kubic Air Quality Monitor targets the customers with SDS and claims to identify the sickness-causing particles and ensures the health of its customer.
What Factors Are Responsible For The Release Of Formaldehyde Inside Your Home?
There are several factors behind increased formaldehyde in your home. Some of them are:
- Bathrooms often are flushed daily and that flushing releases harmful propellants into the air. Which makes the air of your bathroom badly affected. With the help of a basic air quality monitor, one can easily check the concentration of quality of air as well as formaldehyde levels.
- Have you shifted into a new home? Then your home might have increased formaldehyde level. Because the manufactured wooden tables and wardrobe has a high level of formaldehyde concentrations. For that reason, one must buy or keep the air quality index monitoring with them while shifting to the home.
- Smoke in homes is another prominent reason for formaldehyde concentration. If your father or husband smokes daily, then you must have to have an air quality monitor to extenuate the propellants from your surrounding air.
How an increased formaldehyde concentration can affect your health?
Increased level of formaldehyde is absolutely dangerous for every single human being who breathes it inside his lungs. As it leads to breathing problems, itching, and irritation in the eyes, nose, and skin.
It may affect everyone, but most importantly kids and aged adults are affected by formaldehyde concentration. Due to low immunity, if formaldehyde concentration is increasing, they will catch it and will become ill. If a person works in the wooden industry and breathes formaldehyde for a long period, he may get closer to lung diseases and sore throat which may end in becoming cancer.
That’s why an air quality monitor is a necessity for every modern human of the 21st century. Not only has it become a requirement inside the houses but also in offices and industries.
AIR QUALITY OF INDIA~ WHY AIR QUALITY MONITORS HAVE BECAME A NECESSITY:
We all live under the same sky. We all need oxygen and healthy air to survive. But unfortunately, we are killing ourselves by the dint of our ignorance and careless attitude towards our planet.
Indian conditions are near to worse. Out of the 30 most polluted cities in the world, 21 cities are in India. India also ranks on number three in the most greenhouse gases producer, after the US and China.
And the adverse air quality comprises various factors as:
- Greenhouse gases
- Fossil fuel burning
- Solid waste burning that release oxide of sulfur, methane as well as lead
- Forest burning is the main cause behind increased carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide gas
- Household gases like methane and formaldehyde
- Traffic smoke causes an increase in carbon monoxide, nitrogen, and sulfides. And when the nitrogen levels of the air are exceeded up to the optimum level. It causes detrimental effects on the human respiratory system.
- The smog is the root cause of asthma, itching, burning eyes not only of humans but of animals as well.
- How can we forget industrial fuel burning and smoke? Smoke contains trillions of harmful gases enough for making our health suffer. The smoke badly disrupts the concentration of healthy air particles and as a result, the polluted air affects us.
- Some natural disasters also cause alteration in the composition of air.
According to the researches in 2019, there are 1·67 million deaths reported due to air pollution in India in 2019, accounting for 17·8·5% of the total deaths in the country. The majority of these deaths were from ambient Delhi had the highest economic loss due to air pollution, followed by Haryana in 2019, with 5·4 times variation across all states.
The disturbance in the air has increased mortality rates in India and premature births. Cigarette smoking, exposure to polluted air are detrimental. What is the remedy? Air Quality Monitors? While absolutely yes. Air monitors assist you in showing the quality of the air and ensures healthy air indoors at least. but as I have mentioned above that it is a short-term solution to the long-term disaster.
We can’t rely on a single gadget that I will clean the whole country, rather the citizens and the government has to join hand regarding the solution of the worst quality air pollution. The government of India should take promising action to control the air pollution and the economic losses that it bears because of it.
We Don’t Own This Planet; We Share It:
We have listed out all the situations and circumstances of human beings being affected by air pollution. But we ignored notice about the animals and microorganism with which we share the planet. Humans are undoubtedly the most creative and supreme creation of God. But humans and humans have polluted the planet than any other creature and is not even guilty of his misconduct.
Working animals like donkeys, horses, goats, buffaloes, and cows are also affected by the contaminants present in the air.
Studies and researches have subjected that animals are also at high risks of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and cardiovascular disorders if are exposed to outdoor air for a longer period. We can prevent this by proper planning and procedures to reduce air pollution by taking considerable measures.
After the detailed discussion about air quality monitors and their advantages, I would like to recommend the air quality monitor that I found extremely effective and innovative. In my opinion leader of the list, IQAir Air Quality Monitor can be the user’s choice. Because of its 1 year warranty, portability, sleek design, and capability to measure PM 2.5, PM 10, Temperature, Humidity, and many other gases accurately, it can be all in one choice for the user.
If if the user is concerned the affordable air quality monitor with the prominent feature, Prana Air Pocket Air Quality Monitor, Crusaders Air Quality Monitor, and Prana Air Pocket Air Quality Monitor can be the best choice.
Nowadays the air quality monitors are the necessity of every person living in India. Although some of the monitors are costly but are not costly as human life. Asthmatic patients can not survive in this polluted environment without efficient quality monitors and air purifiers. There are higher risks of respiratory diseases in such patients. So the industry has invented the short-term possible cure for such patients. And has made them portable so that the user could easily measure indoor as well as the outdoor index of air.
There are many air pollution level meters available in the market at different price points. Monitors that have higher process have greater features and technologies which assist the user in several ways. Also, aids that the user environment is perfectly monitored and he’s aware of taking considerable measures with the help of monitors. So, it’s up to you to select how much accurate reading you need and how much you are ready to pay for the same.
Also, Read This Blog:- 9 Best Small Room AC in India