Hair straighteners are one of the most used hair styling tools all over the world. Hair straighteners let you achieve multiple styles and have several purposes depending on the type of straightener and the accessories that come with it. Choosing the best hair straightener for your hair can be very overwhelming.
You have to look at multiple factors like your budget, your hair type and what kind of hairstyles you are trying to achieve, etc. This article will help you find the best type of straightener to help you get your dream look at home. We have segmented the Straighteners by their price ranges from cheaper models to more high-end models. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
Before we dive into our list here are a few significant factors that differentiate one straightener model from the other.
- Temperature: Straighteners come in different power ranges, meaning that some hair straighteners can heat up only to 180 degrees Celcius whereas other models can go up to 280-degree Celcius. You can choose your model depending on your hair texture, thickness, and what kind of style you are trying to achieve. Also, keep in mind that some straighteners have a temperature controlling feature while others not.
- Accessories: hair straighteners in India come in different sizes and shapes. Some of them are thick and can straighten frizzy, curly, or coarse hair while others are thin and are mainly used for fine or short hair. In addition to that, different models come with various accessories. Some models come with built-in combs while others function as curlers too thanks to their curvy plate designs.
- Professional straighteners and individual use straighteners: The hair straighteners’ models that hairstylists use are usually different from those sold to home users. They are bulkier and typically are more powerful than the home versions. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
- Plate thickness: Straighteners come in different plate thicknesses, so make sure you buy a straightener with a suitable thickness for your hair. Here is a summary of appropriate straightener thickness depending on the hair type:
- 1-inch plates: For fine, short hair or for bangs and waves
- 1.5-inch plates: For curly or coarse hair
- 2-inch+ plates: For long and thick hair
- Types of plates: There are different types of plates in the market. Make sure to pick the most suitable plate for your hair type. Here are the most common types of hair straightener plates available in the market:
- Ceramic plate: This is the most common type of plate in the market. It is known to smoothen out hair and leave you with frizz-free results!
- Titanium plates: these plates are appropriate for thick hair as it maintains the heat for a more extended period of time, therefore, speeding up the straightening process.
- Tourmaline plates: these plates are excellent for damaged or dyed hair because straighteners with those plates don’t need to be very hot to be effective. The user can achieve her wanted styles even at a lower temperature meaning less damage.
Now that we have a better understanding of different kind of straighteners for different needs and types of hair, here is a list of the best hair straighteners in India for women in 2021
Hair straighteners in the lower price range ( Less than Rs 1000)
Syska Super glam
Price: Rs 715
This hair straightener is perfect for anyone who wants a straightener on budget and can be used for touch-ups, and when you don’t have much time in your hand. It quickly heats up in under 60 seconds and laves you with smooth glossy hair. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
- Auto turn- off feature
- Heat resistant plates so it cools off super fast
- Lockable handle making it travel friendly
- 2 years warranty
- The thin plates make it unsuitable for very thick or curly hair
Philips Essential Selfie Straightener
Price: Rs 1036
The Philips Selfie Straightener a very affordable straightener from a renowned brand. It is a great straightener for frizzy hair as the ceramic plates ensure that the heat is evenly distributed and the hair section gets straightened after just one stroke.
- Leaves you with shiny hair
- Travel size straightener
- 2-year warranty
- The plates are too thin for thick, curly hair
Nova NHS 900 Professional Hair Straightener
Price: Rs 605
If you are looking for one of the most affordable straighteners in the market, then this one is for you. This straightener comes with plenty of cool features for its price. The plates have ion conditioning technology meaning frizz-free hair!
- Super affordable
- 30 seconds heat-up time
- Durable chord
- Users with thick hair have commented that the straightener does not get hot enough to straighten their hair properly Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
Nova NHS 860 Professional Hair straightener
Price: Rs 549
This super-affordable straightener comes packed with a lot of exciting features making it one of the best straighteners under Rs 1000. You can adjust the temperature of the straightener to 4 different temperatures and moreover, it has thicker plates than other straighteners in the market, meaning you can straighten your hair in bigger sections. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
- Can be used to straighten thick, curly hair
- Flexible chord
- Heats in 30 seconds
- Can be used to straighten wet hair
- 1-year warranty with questionable terms and conditions
- The body heats up after being used for a long while
Havells HS4101 Ceramic coated Straightener
Price: Rs 1049
This is one of the best hair straighteners for everyday use. It has an advanced heating system that prevents heat damage to the hair and leaves even curly and frizzy hair straight and soft.
- Heats up in 45 seconds
- Attractive purple color
- 2-year warranty
- The materials its made of does not feel very reliable
- No temperature control
Hair straighteners in the Medium price range (Rs 1000- Rs 3000)
VEGA 3-in-1 Hair straightener
Price: Rs 1306
This 3 in one straightener gives you the chance to style your hair using three different styles in one tool! You can choose between curling your hair, straightening it, or crimping it. The ceramic plates allow the heat to distribute evenly in the plate, leaving you with shiny frizz-free hair. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
- 2 years warranty
- Flexible cord
- All the plates heat up together making it uncomfortable to use
Hair Straightners in the Higher price range (Rs 3000+)
Price Rs 4,095
This high-end straightener from a globally known brand is an excellent choice if you are going for a super durable hair straightener that will last you for a long while. It can heat up to up to 230degrees and the long plates help straighten thick long hair easily. Best hair straighteners for women in India 2021
- Great for women with thick, long, or curly hair
- Heats up in 15 seconds
- Heatproof case
- Quite expensive compared to the other straighteners
Ikonic Pro Hair Straightener
Price Rs 3930
This hair straightener has garnered fame thanks to the many positive reviews on Amazon. The straightener comes with adjustable temperature settings, and the tourmaline ceramic plates ensure frizz-free hair with minimum heat damage.
- Curved edges to let you curl your hair by it
- 1-hour auto shut down feature
- 9ft long cord
- Quite costly
Frequently asked questions
1.How do I know which straightener is the best one for me?
You should conduct some research before you purchase the perfect straightener for you. Look into what type of hair you have and what kind of style you want to achieve then once you know that, look up different brands and make sure you read the reviews before you decide on a straightener.
2.Which hair straighteners are the least damaging ones for the hair?
Models that use less heat will cause less damage. Use straighteners with smooth plates to make sure the heat distributes evenly and you don’t burn chunks of your hair.
There is no one-fits-all straightener model for women in India. Every woman has different hair types and preferences, meaning they will need different types of straighteners. Makes sure you stick with your budget when purchasing a straightener and go for a model that gives you the most for your investment.
Also Read This Blog:- Best Trimmers