Refrigerators are a need on a daily basis. Refrigerators are currently one of the basic minimum criterion for living a stable existence. It is highly recommended not just for food preservation, but also for how it handles monetary difficulties and budget-saving choices.
People could not truly meet their requirements owing to budget restrictions a few years ago, making the producers aware of the desire.
We are frequently concerned about which one to select and which one would best fulfil our requirements. Before purchasing a refrigerator, there are several factors to consider. For a better understanding, we have written about how the fridge works and its components. We also cited a buyer’s guide and often asked questions. To further assist you, list of Best Single Door Refrigerators in India is below.
How does Refrigerator work?
refrigerant enters the Evaporator in a liquid form, where heat is exchanged and the load within the refrigerator is cooled. The heat is absorbed by the gas as it cools the load, turning it into a gas. The gas is subsequently pumped back into the compressor, allowing the cycle to begin again.
The components of the Refrigerator
The components of a refrigerator can be categorized into internal and external parts. The efficiency of a refrigerator is largely based on its internal parts. Some of the items are in the main compartment and some are in the back of the refrigerator. The location of this component varies from one brand to another brand.
The internal components of a refrigerator are:
- Condenser – A condenser is a device that cools a substance to convert it from a gas to a liquid condition. It transfers heat from the inside to the exterior.
- Refrigerant– it is a chemical fluid that flows throughout the refrigerator’s interior, providing cooling.
- compressor –it is the refrigerator’s most important component. Imagine a pump sucking in the refrigerant and releasing it at high pressure. It has a motor and is a high-power component.
- Thermostat – It uses a sensor attached to the chiller to control the temperature in the refrigerator. The temperature may be customised to the user’s preferences.
- Capillary – A capillary is a long, thin copper tube that is coiled in many turns to conserve space. It simultaneously lowers the refrigerant’s pressure and temperature.
- Chiller or Freezer – The refrigerant cools the item in the refrigerator, then evaporates it, and then the compressor pulls the refrigerant
- Defrost system – This system removes excessive ice from the chiller’s surface. This is done to keep a refrigerator’s efficiency at its peak.
The external components of a refrigerator are:
- Freezer compartment – The items that must be maintained at freezing temperatures are placed in the freezer section. The temperature has dropped to 0 degrees Celsius.
- Switch – A button that controls the tiny light that illuminates when the refrigerator door is opened and turns off when it is closed.
- Crisper – In the refrigerator, it has the greatest temperature. Here are the items that must be kept fresh without being chilled or frozen.
- Thermostat control – It allows you to adjust the refrigerator’s interior temperature with the turn of a knob.
- Refrigerator compartment – The objects to be chilled are placed in the refrigerator compartment. The temperature has risen above 0°C. It is equipped with shelves.
- Refrigerator door compartment – The smaller areas on the refrigerator door for eggs, milk, dairy, and other items.
Top 10 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India
- Haier 181L Direct Cool
- LG 190 L 4 Star
- Samsung 198L
- Haier 220 L
- Whirlpool 190 L
- Haier 195L
- Godrej 210L
- Haier 170L
- Samsung 192L
- Mitashi 87 L
1. Haier 181L Direct Cool
Haier is a Chinese multinational manufacturer of home appliances and consumer electronics based in Qingdao. It creates, develops, produces, and sells a wide range of consumer goods, including air conditioners, washing machines, and refrigerators.
Diamond edge freezing technology in the Haier 181L direct cool single door refrigerator helps ice develop in a better way.
- It has an 181L capacity, making it perfect for a family of 2-3 people.
- It features a non-inverter compressor and is 2-star energy efficient.
- It includes a door lock and an anti-fungal gasket that keeps your food fresh for longer and prevents the refrigerator from being opened unnecessarily.
- The big vegetable box contains all of your vegetables while also keeping them fresh thanks to the humidity controller.
- Because your freezer includes a defrost button, you can defrost it immediately.
- The refrigerator is safe from power fluctuations since it can operate on a power source as low as 135V, eliminating the need for a stabiliser.
- For long-term freshness, it includes reinforced glass shelves that can handle large pots and pans.
- The refrigerator is simple to clean and maintain.
- Due to its sleek and attractive appearance, the refrigerator gives your kitchen a modern and luxurious appeal.
- The refrigerator door features a thicker PUF that effectively holds low temperatures.
- It takes up less room due to its small size.
- There have been no drawbacks.
2. LG 190 L 4 Star
With its Moist N Fresh technology, this refrigerator keeps food fresh and moist for a longer period of time. Because of its 190L size, the LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator (GL-D201ABPX, Blue Plumeria, Base Stand with Drawer, Smart Inverter Compressor) is one such product that can accommodate the demands of 2-3 family members. Take a look at all of the product’s features.
- It has a Smart Inverter Compressor that provides unrivalled performance, saves a significant amount of money on power costs, and runs quietly.
- Smart Connect technology allows you to connect your refrigerator to your home inverter, preventing food deterioration in the event of a power outage.
- The Moist N Fresh technology keeps the moisture level in the refrigerator at an ideal level. This will extend the amount of time your food stays fresh.
- It has a 190-liter capacity and a 4-star energy efficiency rating.
- It is made out of toughened glass shelves that can sustain a weight of around 175 kg, allowing you to store a lot more goods without fear of breaking them.
- Because it retains the chilling intact and enclosed inside it, it has the fastest ice manufacturing technique.
- It has an antimicrobial gasket to prevent fungus from forming inside the fridge.
- It features a cooling system that takes a long time to cool down.
3. Samsung 198L
Samsung is a South Korean corporation with headquarters in Seoul’s Samsung Town. It is Korea’s largest conglomerate, with numerous linked firms cooperating. It is one of the most well-known brands in the home and kitchen appliance industry.
The Samsung 198L direct cool single door refrigerator features a new crown door design with an H-Bar chrome handle that is both stylish and functional. Samsung promises the refrigerator’s long-lasting and energy-efficient digital inverter compressor for a long and trouble-free life. The refrigerator has digital inverter technology, which regulates the compressor automatically based on cooling needs.
- Digital inverter technology saves electricity, decreases noise, and lessens refrigerator wear and tear.
- A safety gasket in the refrigerator maintains the door liner in place and prevents germs and fungus from entering the refrigerator.
- Because it operates without a stabilizer, the refrigerator is shielded against voltage fluctuations.
- It features a deep door guard that allows you to store long bottles as well as large drink containers.
- This refrigerator’s safe clean back function allows you to effortlessly clean the rear without fear of shock because it is properly covered. It also guards against impacts and prevents dirt from accumulating around components.
- The refrigerator is a 5-star energy efficient refrigerator that saves power while providing the best possible performance.
- The compressor has a 10-year warranty and the unit has a 1-year warranty.
- The refrigerator includes a lock and key, allowing you to keep it locked away from youngsters.
- It includes an additional 6L of storage space.
- It has a horizontal curve door design that enhances the look of your kitchen.
- A smaller, brighter, and more energy-efficient LED light illuminates every area of your refrigerator.
- The Samsung compressor has passed a 21-year VDE test.
- Its reinforced glass shelves have been proven to hold up to 150 kg of weight.
- It is powered by a house inverter and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even during power outages.
- there have been no drawbacks.
4. Haier 220 L
When shopping for a refrigerator, you should always seek for a product that is efficient. The Haier 220 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator (HRD-2204PMG-E, Mirror Glass) is one such product that will save you a lot of money when compared to other refrigerators. The PUF insulation guarantees that the cooling remains intact and sealed for a longer period of time.
- The cooling produced within this refrigerator remains sealed and undamaged thanks to the larger condenser coils that come with it and the PUF insulation added. As a result, the freezer may create ice in as little as a few hours.
- The device has a 4-star rating, indicating that the refrigerator’s energy usage is exceptionally low. You may save a significant amount of money on your power costs.
- The heavy-duty compressor eliminates the need for an additional stabiliser with this product.
- It has a capacity of 220 litres.
- The utility box that comes with this refrigerator allows you to store little goods like cosmetics and medicines, allowing you to save a lot of room.
- The base stand, which is not located within the fridge but rather at the bottom, allows you to keep items such as potatoes that do not require refrigeration.
- The freezer’s glass door isn’t really good.
5. Whirlpool 190 L
Whirlpool 190 L Direct Cool Single Door 3 Star Refrigerator is a single door refrigerator with a capacity of 190 litres. It is appropriate for a household of 2-3 people. It has a sixth sense, Quick Chill technology, and an Easy Defrost Mechanism to keep food fresh for a longer period of time. It has a top-mounted freezer.
- Stainless steel shelves and a rust-free handle.
- Stabilizer-free operation — This allows the refrigerator to function smoothly even when the power fluctuates between 130 and 300 volts.
- Simple manual defrosting – This mechanism offers cooling by making it simple to defrost.
- Anti-bacterial Detachable Gasket — The airtight removable gasket prevents the growth of fungus and germs within the refrigerator, keeping the foodstuffs clean and making maintenance easy.
- Extra-sized freezer, two ice trays, and a huge vegetable crisper provide enough storage space.
- Reciprocatory compressors are a common type of compressor that require little maintenance.
- Honeycomb moisture-lock technology – Maintains optimal moisture over all foodstuffs Cyclopentane insulation – reduces greenhouse gas emissions It’s good for the environment.
- Door lock with built-in stabilizer for safety.
- There is no cool pad.
- There is no toughened glass in the inside.
- There is no ice and water dispenser.
6. Haier 195L
It features a single door and a capacity of 195 litres. The cost is little more than the previous choice, but it is still reasonable. It preserves the food for several days.
It has 1-HIT, or one-hour icing technology, which lowers the temperature of the gas and maintains its cooling to aid in the production of ice in just one hour. It also has a stabilizer-free operation to eliminate voltage oscillations in the 135-290 V range.
It has a 4-star rating, which contributes to decreased energy usage. There is a manual defrost option on this refrigerator. It features a large interior and a top freezer.
- Express Freezing – the edibles are chilled quickly, conserving electricity. Manual temperature control – the interior temperature of the refrigerator is adjusted with a knob.
- Toughened glass shelves that can support even the heaviest of things without shattering
- Refrigerator interior light, three refrigerator shelves, and three-door slider bins
- To keep veggies fresh and cold, use a crisper.
- 4-star energy efficiency
- Refrigerators have a 1-year guarantee and compressors have a 10-year warranty.
- Safety is ensured by the provision of door locks.
- Gasket may be removed for easy cleaning and hygiene.
- There is no cool pad.
- There are no detachable racks.
- There is no moisture control.
7. Godrej 210L
The Godrej 210L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is a cost-effective, energy-efficient top-freezer that saves up to 55 percent on energy usage.
It comes with a manual defrost setting. To keep the foodstuffs fresh and hygienic, it includes an Intelligent Inverter Compressor, a big vegetable crisper, and anti-bacterial technology.
- Intelligent Inverter Compressor that does not put a strain on the power grid
- Compressor with variable speed that adjusts speed based on demand and operation
- 5-star efficiency that saves up to 55% on overall energy consumption
- Aroma lock technology ensures that the delicacies maintain their freshness for 24 hours.
- It may be powered by a home inverter and run continuously during power outages.
- The presence of a Palladium Carbon-based Deodorizer, which eliminates any foul odours and slows the decaying process.
- There’s no need for a stabilizer. It is equipped with a built-in stabiliser.
- To keep dry vegetables such as potatoes and onions, use dry storage.
- Refrigerators have a one-year guarantee and compressors have a ten-year warranty.
- Heavier in comparison to other
8. Haier 170L
The Haier 170L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator is cost-effective and features manual defrost.
It has a 170 litre capacity. It is equipped with a reciprocating compressor. Because it is a 3-star, approximately 35 percent of the energy is saved. This refrigerator has a built-in stabiliser and is a top freezer. It features shelves that are wired. There’s also a door lock option.
- A built-in stabilizer that easily manages any voltage variations between 130 and 290 V.
- 35% energy-saving feature
- DEFT (diamond edge freezer technology) – keeps the fridge cold even when the power is off for lengthy periods of time.
- Direct cooling technique is cost-effective, uses less energy, and necessitates manual defrosting.
- There are four balconies with doors and two bookcases.
- Light in weight
- Compressor comes with a 1-year comprehensive warranty and a 4-year compressor warranty.
- There is no fruit stand or base.
- There is no hardened glass.
9. Samsung 192L
The Samsung 192 L Direct Cool Single Door 5 Star Refrigerator is a budget-friendly refrigerator with incredible features.
It features a 192-liter capacity with a top freezer. It must be manually defrosted. For a longer period of time, the food stayed fresh and cold.
- Glass shelves – constructed of toughened glass, these shelves can support a lot of weight.
- Digital Inverter Compressor – reduces noise and energy consumption by adjusting speed according to cooling need.
- Crown door – a slightly curved door with clean lines that gives the refrigerator a beautiful appeal.
- Without the need of a stabiliser, the refrigerator can run continuously and reliably even when the voltage fluctuates.
- It has a 5-star energy certification
- Glass that has been toughened
- High energy efficiency (BEE certified) – energy savings of 55%
- Design that is sophisticated
- It is powered by a home inverter.
- There is no cool pad.
10. Mitashi 87 L
Mitashi’s signal door refrigerator has an 87-liter capacity and is a great choice for a small space due to its compact size. It makes use of R600A refrigerant, which provides better performance and faster cooling while having a lower ozone depletion potential.
- It has an 87-liter storage capacity, which is impressive given its small size.
- It has a two-star rating, indicating that it saves energy.
- To avoid power fluctuations, it operates without the need of a stabiliser.
- The refrigerator’s door may be locked.
- Elegant design in a silver hue that would go with any kitchen.
- The tiny size allows it to nestle into any corner, making it excellent for small spaces.
- The product is covered by a 1-year warranty, while the compressor is covered by a 5-year warranty.
- The refrigerator is cost-effective.
- Reduces environmental effect by using R600A refrigerant.
- This is a good option for bachelors.
- It does not have a defrost button and must be manually defrosted.
- After a few days, the lamp inside the fridge appears to cease operating.
The Single Door Refrigerator Buyer’s Guide
Before deciding on “the refrigerator” you want to buy, it’s a good idea to make a list of the following considerations. Let’s take a look at some of the most crucial fundamental characteristics to consider when purchasing a refrigerator.
Features of the Child Lock
When purchasing a product, safety is a critical consideration. If refrigerators include safety measures such as child locks, this is a good thing.
When all of your food products are kept together in the refrigerator, it produces a terrible odour. The majority of new models on the market now have an Active Carbon filter, which deodorises the air within the fridge and keeps food fresher for longer.
Consumption of energy
The stars on a refrigerator may be used to assess how much energy it uses. The Energy Efficiency Rating is represented by these stars (EER). When the number of stars increases, the amount of energy spent decreases, and vice versa. As the number of stars grows, so do the prices. So keep an eye on it!
Shelves & Compartments
When you have a lot of food, you should organize it as efficiently as possible. Having a variety of shelves and compartments allows for better organized storage.
As previously said, the market offers a broad range of refrigerators. You must keep in mind your needs in terms of what is appropriate for you and your family. A single door, side by side door, French-style four-door, and so on are all options.
Compressor with inverter
The temperature inside a refrigerator fluctuates owing to its on and off cycle. The temperature is steady thanks to inverter technology. In comparison to others, it also uses less power and produces less noise.
Refrigerator storage capacity
You should have a good notion of your abilities to pick now that you are aware of the range of refrigerators available. You’ll have to pick the best decision based on the size of your family and the amount of space available in your home.
Price is one of the most important considerations since it determines the number of features your refrigerator will offer. A single-door refrigerator may cost as little as Rs. 8500. The price of a double door fridge starts at Rs. 16,000 and varies depending on the features. The price of a side-by-side refrigerator and a french-door refrigerator ranges from a few thousand dollars to a lakh or more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the size of a single-door refrigerator?
Single door refrigerators come in a variety of sizes, but the typical size is between 100 and 250 litres. You can get a product that meets your specific needs.
2. How do you defrost a single door refrigerator?
- Examine the ice or frost that has developed on the freezer’s wall. You must defrost your refrigerator if further frost forms.
- Defrost automatically by pressing the ‘DEF’ button. The appliance will start automatically after all of the frost has been removed from the freezer.
- Defrost manually by turning the defrost knob to the ‘OFF’ sign. Return the knob to the ‘ON’ position once the frost has been removed.
3. What are some of the most frequent refrigerator issues?
- One of the most prevalent refrigerator issues is water leakage.
- The refrigerator isn’t working properly.
- The refrigerator door does not close properly.
- Frost Inside your refrigerator, a build-up has occurred.
- The refrigerator makes a lot of noise.
- The refrigerator is on the warm side.
- Electricity use is high.
4. What are the signs of a bad refrigerator compressor?
- When compressors fail, they make noise and function less effectively.
- Running in short bursts. The compressor tends to overheat during warmer months when it has to work more than normal to keep the refrigerator cool.